In this article, I have shared 4 proven ways to fix unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found error along with its common causes. So, without skipping a single line keep reading this tutorial till the end.
There are numerous apps and programs that can be used for opening the JPEG files. But Adobe Photoshop is one of the most frequently used apps. This program is mostly used by the creative professionals, graphic designers, and web designers for editing or creating new images.
However, at times you may come across through some kind of errors and issues while using this software. JPEG marker missing/invalid jpeg marker type is found is one of such error. When it occurs on Photoshop, you won’t be able to open or edit your JPEG pictures.
This error may appear due to several unknown reasons such as – incorrect file extension, corrupted/damaged image file, hardware or device issues and others.
No matter whatever reason causes this issue, it can be easily fixed by applying the below mentioned fixes.
How to Fix Jpeg Marker Missing/Invalid Jpeg Marker Type Is Found Error
This section contains 4 troubleshooting fixes to solve an unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found Photoshop error. All the solutions are very easy and effective. So, keep trying out the given methods one by one.
Solution #1: Rename the Image File
Renaming the image file is another effective way to fix an unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found Photoshop error.
If you’ve entered a file extension manually while naming your image file then you may face an invalid marker type error. The renaming process is quite. Here’s what you need to do:
- First of all, make a right-click on your image file.
- Then, choose the Rename opt. from a drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to change the file name then simply enter an extension to JPEG/JPG.
Solution #2: Convert the Image to another Format
If the jpeg marker missing/invalid jpeg marker type is found error is not fixed after renaming the image file then try converting the image file format. Concerting your jpeg image to another format such as – TIFF or BMP can help you to resolve this error.
You can also use an online image converter tools to convert your file format.
How to convert the image file to Another format via MS Paint:
- Begin with opening the MS Paint program on your PC.
- Then, navigate to File tab > Open & then select the JPEG image.
- Once the image opens, go to the Files menu then click on Save as option.
- Now, move down to the field Save as type.
- Here, you need to choose a file extension that you wish to convert.
- At last, click on the Save option & that’s it.
Solution #3: Fix Invalid Jpeg Marker by Changing the Image Extension
Incorrect file extension is one of the most possible reasons for getting an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found error. It usually happens whenever you tried to change an image file extension manually.
You might have misspelled an extension or have written the two file extensions together against a file that makes it unreadable in Photoshop. So, it’s advised to change the file extension of the image manually by following the below guided instructions:
- First of all, go to the Start menu then click on Control Panel > Appearance & Personalization.
- Here, you need to select the File Explorer Options then click on the tab Show Hidden files & folders.
- In a view tab, you need to deselect a checkbox that is next to the “Hide extensions for known file types”.
- Finally, click on the OK button & you are done!
- Now, again try to open your JPEG files to check the error is solved or not.
Solution #4: Open the File using Another Photo App
If you are unable to open your jpeg files even after trying the above methods then you can try to open your jpeg files using another photo app.
All you need to do is, open your image file using the specific Photo editing app then save it as JPEG image. After saving the file, you should try to open your JPEG file again.
Time to Wrap Up
Well, it’s one of the frustrating moment when you tried to open your jpeg files in Photoshop but getting stuck with jpeg marker missing/invalid jpeg marker type is found error. But thankfully, there are some realistic ways that can help you to fix the invalid jpeg marker error.
In this blog, I have provided 4 tested & tried ways to solve Photoshop error invalid jpeg marker type is found. So, implement the given solutions without any further delay. Hope your problem will be solved soon.