3 Ways to Fix Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Error
In this article, I am going to show you how to solve downloading do not turn off target with 3 quick & easy ways. So, without skipping any section of this blog, keep reading this post till the end.
Downloading do not turn off target is a kind of error that primarily occurs on Nexus or Samsung device. According to some users, their device reboots unexpectedly when this error appears. And then after, a black screen shows displaying the “Downloading do not turn off target” error message.
This error message normally occurs in the Download mode when you press the wrong combinations of keys for sufficient time. Download mode is often called as Odin mode. This mode is generally used by the Samsung phones to flash its devices and to introduces a new & custom ROMs as well as firmware.
This error usually indicates that either you entered into the download mode mistakenly or there is some software glitches. Regardless the reasons, this error can be easily fixed by applying the below given solutions.
How To Solve Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Error?
If you are facing downloading do not turn off target error and you don’t know how to eliminate this issue then try out the below given solutions to get rid of this problem.
Way #1: Exit the Download Mode
There is a chance that you might get entered into the Download Mode mistakenly because of which you getting stuck with this error.
Hence, exiting the download mode can help you to fix downloading do not turn off target Samsung. You can do it by following the below directed steps:
- First of all, you need to ensure that you are on the screen showing the error.
- Then, keep pressing & holding the Power + Home + volume down keys together at the same time.
- Once your phone’s screen turns into black, release the keys immediately.
- Now, your device supposed to reboot automatically. If not then do it by yourself by pressing the power button of your device.
Once your phone reboots, you will able to use your Android phone normally. However, if the error is not solved even after exiting from the download mode then try out the next method.
Way #2: Perform A Force Reboot
Another helpful way to resolve the downloading do not turn off target error is – Perform a force reboot. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: At first, press & hold the power button of your device until it turns off.
Step 2: However, in case the power key won’t work then you can do the following things:
- Remove your phone’s battery (if removable) along with its SIM & SD card.
- In case, your smartphone has non-removable battery, you’ll need to simulate the battery disconnection by simply pressing the Power + Volume Down keys together to turn off your device.
Step 3: To discharge the overall power of your device, again you will need to press & hold your phone’s power button for almost 15 seconds.
That’s it! Now you can re-insert the battery on your phone then reboot it to check whether your phone working fine or not.
Way #3: Delete the Cache Partition
The problem often occurs due to the software glitches. To eliminate this error, you may need to wipe out the cache partition of your device.
Follow the below given instructions to know how to delete the cache partition of your device:
- Firstly, you need to Power off your phone. You can either do it by pressing the power key, or remove your phone’s battery then keep pressing the Power + Volume Down keys together to switch off your device.
- Now, keep pressing the Power + Volume Up + Home keys altogether till your phone boots into the recovery mode. In case, you don’t have the home button, then you can use a Bixby button.
- Make use of volume keys in order to navigate to the “Wipe Cache Partition” then simply press a power key to select this option (you may need to press a power button two times).
- That it! Wait till the cache partition of your device is wiped out then reboot your phone by selecting an option Reboot Device.
After deleting the cache partition of your device, hope you will able to fix downloading do not turn off target Samsung with ease.
Time To Sum Up
Undoubtedly, the downloading do not turn off target is one of the serious issue that is mostly faced by Samsung and Nexus users. It’s quite difficult to tackle this error.
Thus, I have come up with this troubleshooting guide. Here, I have presented 3 realistic ways to solve this problem.
So, if you are the one dealing with this same error then try out the aforementioned ways. Hope, your problem will be solved soon.
Read also: 4 Ways to Fix Jpeg Marker Missing/Invalid Jpeg Marker Type Is Found